16th September 2011
6:30pm for 7:00pm start - 9:30pm
Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4RL
· Does the religious freedom of Muslims in Europe depend on secularism?
· Are veil and burkha bans secularist or counter-secularist?
· What should the relationship be between sharia rules and secular law?
· Should the state fund Islamic schools if it funds Christian ones?
· Can secularism admit any limitations on freedom of expression in religious matters?
· Is there a clash of cultures between European values and Islamic ones?
British Humanist Association and Central London Humanists in association with Conway Hall present this panel discussion which aims to bring together key speakers to explore the effect of secular democracy in Europe.
Member ticket: £5 for members of the BHA, AHS, South Place Ethical Society, or Central London Humanist Group.
Non-member ticket: £10
Head of Education and Promotion
British Humanist Association (BHA)
1 Gower Street, London WC1E 6HD
Tel: 020 7079 3586
Mobile: 07795 412 765
Fax: 020 7079 3588
Find us on social networking sites via www.humanism.org.uk/meet-up/online