The Construction Products Association acts as a single, influential voice for the manufacturers and suppliers of construction products.
The Association's aim is to build a growing, profitable and sustainable future for the construction products industry. In order to achieve these aims, the Association is focusing its activities in four specific areas:
1. Investing in the built environment
2. Creating a supportive business environment
3. Improving industry performance
4. Delivering sustainable construction
The construction products industry is at the heart of the UK economy, providing essential materials for our homes, schools, hospitals, factories, offices, roads and railways.
Every year the industry:
- has an output of £50 billion
- exports 10% of output
- 44% of total construction output
- 4.5% of the GDP
- 15% of the UK's manufacturing output
- over 500,000 people in almost 25,000 companies
Despite Chancellor’s promise to “fix the roof when the sun is shining”, Autumn Statement lacks support for construction.
The Construction Trade Survey shows construction activity rose for the second consecutive quarter in Q3.
The Chancellor’s Autumn Statement is an opportunity to address construction challenges.
Today’s GDP figures highlight that the UK economy grew by 0.8% in the third quarter and construction grew 2.5%.
The Construction Products Association is anticipating growth of 19.0% for the £111 billion construction industry by 2017.