Conservatives Against Fox Hunting: Blue Badger Campaign

Do not cull 70% of our Badger Population

Badgers are a protected species.

The Government claims a badger cull will prevent livestock damage by reducing the spread of tuberculosis to cattle. However, the proportion of cases of tuberculosis in cattle attributable to  badgers is very small and the Government itself admits that at best the cull is likely only to achieve a 12-16 percent reduction in tuberculosis cases in cattle and only after 9 years. This leaves, at best, 84% of the Btb problem remaining in cattle.

We consider that the Government has given insufficient consideration to alternative non-lethal solutions including stricter controls on cattle movement and testing, and the development and use of existing vaccines for badgers and cattle. The Government should not allow a cull of badgers in preference to alternative options which have a far greater chance of reducing the spread of bovine tuberculosis.


BLUE BADGER

Conservatives Against Fox Hunting working within the Conservative Party to advance animal welfare

www.conservativesagainstfoxhunting.com

Email: info@conservativesagainstfoxhunting.com

Click for Quotes kindly provided  for the Blue Badger Website:

Sir Peter Bottomley MP,

Mike Weatherley MP

Henry Smith MP,

Graham Godwin-Pearson
Chairman, Bristol West Conservatives

Chris Platt
President, Esher and Walton Conservative
Association

Barbara Hill
Chairman ,New Forest West Conservative Women’s Organisation

Please sign and share the petition against the badger cull. We need 100,000 signatures urgently:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/38257

The coalition of leading animal welfare organisations against the badger cull:  www.teambadger.org


Randomised Badger Culling Trial
RBCT Report

The Defra report on the Governments Policy on Bovine TB and Badger control in England Dec 2011 refers to the, Randomised Badger Culling Trial, RBCT , a government commissioned scientific study, over 50 times yet completely ignore their conclusions that a Badger Cull will make NO difference...

We refer you to Recommendations and Conclusions pages 23 and 24

RBCT REPORT

Twitter

Join the conversation at #opinion_formers